We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Failed to fetch dynamically imported module

Last week I updated the Syncfusion.Blazor package from 18.3.0.42 to 18.3.0.47. I also updated blazor/18.3.35/styles/bootstrap4.css to 18.3.47. The app runs without errors in Visual Studio 2019 in Debug and Release builds. When I deploy a Release build to Azure I am now getting this following error:

GET https://####.net/_content/Syncfusion.Blazor/scripts/data-20233e.min.js net::ERR_ABORTED 404 (Not Found)
Microsoft.AspNetCore.Components.WebAssembly.Rendering.WebAssemblyRenderer[100]
Unhandled exception rendering component: Failed to fetch dynamically imported module:
https://####.net/_content/Syncfusion.Blazor/scripts/data-20233e.min.js

I need to give a demonstration of this app next Monday, but it's currently broken and all my attempts to overcome the problem so far have been totally ineffective. I would really appreciate some advice on this problem.

Thanks, Greg

28 Replies 1 reply marked as answer

UH Uwe Hein November 8, 2020 07:46 PM UTC

I got the same problem with a server-side app after updating to 18.3.0.47 when calling a component containing syncfusion controls.

MK Muthukumar Kannan Syncfusion Team November 10, 2020 02:29 PM UTC

Hi Greg / Uwe,

Sorry for the delayed update.  

We have validated the reported issue and confirmed the same as a bug. The fix for this will be included in our upcoming weekly patch release which will be scheduled for November 17th, 2020.

Until then we appreciate your patience.

The status of the issue can be tracked from the below feedback and the same can be found from the below link.  

Please let us know if you have any concerns.  

Regards,
Muthukumar K

UN Unknown November 10, 2020 10:18 PM UTC

I have temporarily reverted the package from 47 back to 44 and my app is deploying and working again -- Greg

MK Muthukumar Kannan Syncfusion Team November 11, 2020 12:38 PM UTC

Hi Greg / Uwe,

Thanks for your patience.

We are glad to announce that our Blazor Weekly patch release (v18.3.0.48) has been rolled out successfully and in this release, we have included the fix for the “Failed to fetch dynamically imported module” issue. So kindly update your NuGet (Syncfusion.Blazor) to our latest version (18.3.0.48) to resolve the reported issue.

Please find the Nuget package below

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance.

Regards,
Muthukumar K

AL Alex November 16, 2020 11:21 AM UTC

Hi Muthukumar,

I have updated to the new version and I am still receiving this error when using  the sidebar component. Oddly this is a new project and in my other  projects it seems to run fine with no errors even on the same version.

RZ Riccardo Zucchetto November 17, 2020 04:46 PM UTC

Hi Muthukumar,
I get the same error in a different case, during development phase:

The first part of the url (until the _content) is the url and the name of the page.
I get the error using the latest version (18.3.0.50, but also 18.3.0.47), I did not get it with the previous one (18.2.0.44) I used.
Has something changed since that version?

I am using Blazor server-side and trying to open a page with a PivotView component.

Thank you,
Riccardo

BI Bibek November 19, 2020 11:21 PM UTC

Hi there,

I am also getting the same error after updating version 18.3.44 to version 18.3.50. This occurs only when we are using services.AddSyncfusionBlazor(). Please check "syncfusion error .png"

If we are using services.AddSyncfusionBlazor(true) and get css file and javascript from CDN, we don't see the error on console but the syncfusion components does not seem to respond such as Dropdown list, Calendar etc. The scheduler loads but it is unresponsive for any events and calendar is missing. Please check "Unresponsive schedular.jpg" and "Unresponsive schedular console.jpg".

I am using blazor server side.

Attachment: Screenshots_b0a08115.zip

MK Muthukumar Kannan Syncfusion Team November 20, 2020 02:48 PM UTC

Hi Alex / Riccardo / Bibek, 

Thanks for your detailed update.

Currently, we are validating your reported issue as per your mentioned images. However, we will update the details for the reported issue within 2 business days(24/11/2020).

Regards,
Muthukumar K

RZ Riccardo Zucchetto November 30, 2020 09:24 AM UTC

Hi Muthukumar,
Is there any news about this issue?

Thank you,
Riccardo

MK Muthukumar Kannan Syncfusion Team December 7, 2020 05:28 PM UTC

Hi Riccardo / Bibek / Alex,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We could not able to provide the solution for the reported issue as promised due to the ensuring processes are going in our development stage regarding this issue. However, the solution for this issue will be available in our Volume 4 2020 which is expected by End of December. We will let you know when it will be available live.

Regards,
Muthukumar K

RZ Riccardo Zucchetto December 24, 2020 08:30 AM UTC

Hi Muthukumar,
I have seen that Volume 4 2020 has been released. However, there is nothing about this issue in the changelog.
I have tried to install the updated nuget packages, but the error still persist.

When will the fix be released?
We are using .net 5 now and I'd like to update the Syncfusion packages to match this version of the framework.

Thank you,
Riccardo

MK Muthukumar Kannan Syncfusion Team December 24, 2020 09:07 AM UTC

Hi Riccardo

We deeply regret the inconvenience caused.

We could not able to include the fix for the reported issue as we promised due to its complexity. This fix will be included in our volume 4 2020 SP1 release without further delay. Until then we appreciate your patience.

However, we could provide a workaround until the issue fixed. To add the below Code snippet to resolve the reported issue in the sample end,

To host the app at a sub-URL by using below,

In _Host.cshtml File,

<base rel='nofollow' href="/myblazorapp/" />

In Startup.cs File,

app.UsePathBase("/myblazorapp");

For your reference,

Please let us know if you still face the issue.

Also, we have provided the .NET 5.0 support from our Volume 4 2020 (v18.4.0.30).  From v18.4.0.30, we can use these packages for .NET 5.0 applications. 

Regards,
Muthukumar K

Marked as answer

RZ Riccardo Zucchetto December 28, 2020 08:19 AM UTC

Hi Muthukumar,
Actually I do not have any subpath; in the image I have provided, the "/ConsuntivazioneSettimanale" before "_content" is just the name of the page, so it changes every time I change a page.
I hope the fix will work in this case too.

When will the SP1 be available?

Thank you,
Riccardo

MK Muthukumar Kannan Syncfusion Team December 29, 2020 04:31 PM UTC

Hi Riccardo,

Thanks for your update and for sharing the information.

Please let us know whether the above workaround works or not in your scenario.

And, we will include the fix for the issue in Volume 4 2020 SP1 release as we stated earlier, and which will be expected on End of January 2021.

Regards,
Muthukumar K

RZ Riccardo Zucchetto December 30, 2020 04:49 PM UTC

Hi Muthukumar,
No, it is not working.
I cannot set a subpath, since my app doesn't have it. I have only the name of the pages, that changes every time, so I cannot set a fixed subpath. My "subpath" is "", the root.

Riccardo

MJ Metodi Jakimov January 6, 2021 09:16 PM UTC

any update on this issue yet?

it is a severe issue and it stops us from using any of your components.

MK Muthukumar Kannan Syncfusion Team January 7, 2021 06:15 AM UTC

Hi Riccardo & Alexander,

We have created a new incident under your Direct Trac account to follow up with this query. We suggest you to follow up with the incident for further updates. Please log in using the below link.

Regards,
Muthukumar K

MJ Metodi Jakimov replied to Metodi Jakimov January 10, 2021 11:13 PM UTC

any update on this issue yet?

it is a severe issue and it stops us from using any of your components.

We have found that the issue is only present when you run the web application from the VS build folder. When the application is published to a folder, and is executed from the published folder, the issue is not present.

This behaviour might also be new to .net 5, as other web resources such as stylesheets etc also fail to load when executing the application from the build rather than published folder.

As such this is no longer an issue for us.

RZ Riccardo Zucchetto replied to Muthukumar Kannan January 11, 2021 08:00 AM UTC

Hi Riccardo & Alexander,

We have created a new incident under your Direct Trac account to follow up with this query. We suggest you to follow up with the incident for further updates. Please log in using the below link.

Regards,
Muthukumar K

Hi Muthukumar,
As indicated in the direct trac issue opened by you, it seems that the issue I encountered was actually related to a slightly different sub-path than the original one, and the solution provided by you solved the issue.

Thank you,
Riccardo

MK Muthukumar Kannan Syncfusion Team January 19, 2021 03:53 AM UTC

Hi Alexander, 

Thanks for your information.

We have checked the reported issue based on your provided information and we can reproduce it from our end while we run the .exe application file from VS 2019 compiled bin folder(both release/debug modes). Whereas from the published sample folder, the issue does not persist at all. As per your update, we confirmed that the cause for this issue is the static asset folder is not shipped properly to the bin folder while building the application.

Also, the issue was already logged from the ASP.NET Core end. Please find the issue details below

However, we have also raised the GitHub issue for the latest 5.0 target framework with blazor server application. Please find the details from below GitHub ticket.

Please get back to us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Muthukumar K

MK Muthukumar Kannan Syncfusion Team January 19, 2021 03:55 AM UTC

Hi Riccardo,

Thanks for your update.

We are glad to hear that your reported issue has been resolved after modified the base path. Please get back to us if you faced any other issues. We are happy to assist you.

Regards,
Muthukumar K

JU Julian March 18, 2021 12:54 PM UTC

This is still a issue even in 18.4.0.48. I cannot use grid and popups together. I am using Blazor server. This slows down development. 

MK Muthukumar Kannan Syncfusion Team March 22, 2021 05:24 AM UTC

Hi Julian, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We have checked your reported query with our end. But unfortunately, we could not able to replicate the issue at our end. So, could you please share more details like below? It will help us to point out the exact issue what you have facing with Syncfusion blazor and provide the quick and better support from our end. 

1. Are you modified your base path of your application?
  2. Is this sub path hosted application?
  3. Are there any errors in browser’s console window? If then please share the error details.
  4. If possible, could you please share the code snippets/demo that replicate your issue.

Also, we have attached the sample in which we tried to replicate the issue. 

Please get back to us if you have any queries.  

Regards, 
Muthukumar K 

GD Givitta Davide April 26, 2021 10:26 AM UTC

Hi Muthukumar,
I have a problem similar to that of Riccardo. In my project I have many Areas and each Area has a differente base, for example < base rel='nofollow' href="~/App-Mobile" />  . For this reason when a go in an ares I get this error

TypeError: Failed to fetch dynamically imported module: http://192.168.56.101:5000/App-Mobile_content/Syncfusion.Blazor.Core/scripts/syncfusion-blazor-4c595d.min.js

The first part of the url (until the _content) is the name of the specific area.

Thank you,
Davide

MK Muthukumar Kannan Syncfusion Team April 27, 2021 06:57 AM UTC

Hi Caruso, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Based on your shared information, we suspect that the trailing slash is missing in your basepath configuration. So, could you please add the trailing slash in your basepath rel='nofollow' href and check it once again whether the issue resolved or persists? 

For more information about basepath configuration, please refer the below MSDN documentation. 

Please get back to us if need any assistance. 

Regards, 
Muthukumar K 

GD Givitta Davide April 28, 2021 08:29 AM UTC

Hi Muthukumar,
the solution provided by you solved the issue. But I had to comment on this line: 

endpoints.MapFallbackToAreaPage("/App-Mobile/{**clientroutes:nonfile}", "/_HostAppMobile", "App-Mobile");

Because if I uncomment the line I get this error:

blazor.server.js:1 POST http://192.168.56.101:5000/App-Mobile/_blazor/negotiate?negotiateVersion=1 net::ERR_ABORTED 400 (Bad Request)

Thanks,
Davide

GD Givitta Davide replied to Givitta Davide April 28, 2021 09:08 AM UTC

Hi Muthukumar,
the solution provided by you solved the issue. But I had to comment on this line: 

endpoints.MapFallbackToAreaPage("/App-Mobile/{**clientroutes:nonfile}", "/_HostAppMobile", "App-Mobile");

Because if I uncomment the line I get this error:

blazor.server.js:1 POST http://192.168.56.101:5000/App-Mobile/_blazor/negotiate?negotiateVersion=1 net::ERR_ABORTED 400 (Bad Request)

Thanks,
Davide

Hi Muthukumar,

I have tried with same broken url with comment on line: endpoints.MapFallbackToAreaPage("/App-Mobile/{**clientroutes:nonfile}", "/_HostAppMobile", "App-Mobile");
and I haven't had any error. The 404 message was displayed correctly.

Thank you for the support.

Regards,
Davide  

MK Muthukumar Kannan Syncfusion Team April 30, 2021 07:41 AM UTC

Hi Caruso 

we are glad that your issue is resolved. Please get back to us if you require any other assistance. 

Regards, 
Muthukumar K 

Loader.
Up arrow icon