We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

DLL FILES LOCATION CHANGE

Dear Sir,

Can we change the Location of all Syncfusion dll files from my program path where software is install to customised path i.e. c:\windows\system32\  ?

Currently after installation all dll files are stored at  C:\Program Files (x86)\My Solutions\MyProduct\...

Can I store all my dll file from C:\Program Files (x86)\My Solutions\MyProduct\... to  c:\winodws\system32\

From the said c:\winodws\system32\ path dll file open in application and all functions will work

Thanks
Deepak

7 Replies

KA Kannan Syncfusion Team September 17, 2018 07:19 AM UTC

Hi Deepak, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

The C:\Windows\System32 is not a best location to install the setup and we are not recommending this location. The System32 folder contains the operating system important files.  

Our installer use the default location as mentioned in below screenshot. 

If you want to change the default installation path, select the browser (“…”) button and choose any other drive like D:\Syncfusion\ instead of operating system drive.  

Also, our Additional Settings option will configure the Syncfusion component to Visual Studio for development. So, there is no manual configuration required to work with Syncfusion component.  

Please let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Kannan 

DE Deepak September 18, 2018 02:21 PM UTC

Hi Kannan,

Thanks for your reply.

As per your reply, I think you have not understand the requirements.

Its not about the path where to install Syncfusion Studio. Its about the console application development.

In my console application, I have selected the required DLL in preferences, and as per that all the dll are woking.

But after creating exe file and install the said project exe file dll files are located in the same path where the exe is saved.

So I want to change the location of this DLL files from the installed path where application is installed to another manual path.

Please reply me for the same.
Thanks
Deepak

KA Kannan Syncfusion Team September 19, 2018 11:46 AM UTC

Hi Deepak, 

Sorry for the inconvenience, 

The both application and the dependent assemblies should be placed in same location or in the GAC for the deployment. Please refer the below link about the deployment. 

Please let us know if you need any further assistance regarding the Syncfusion products. 

Regards, 
Kannan 

BR brayanlara September 22, 2018 05:56 PM UTC

DLLs are MS's implementation of shared libraries. DLLs are so much like an EXE that the file format itself is the same which is necessary in order to execute. data recovery Dubai help you to change the path of dll files location. Currently, after installation, all dll files are stored at  C:\Program Files (x86)\My Solutions\MyProduct\...

KA Kannan Syncfusion Team September 24, 2018 08:47 AM UTC

Hi Deepak, 

The query is not related to Syncfusion product. Please get the installer guideline or support from Wix tool set. 

Regards, 
Kannan 

AS Alex Smith replied to Kannan April 26, 2020 05:56 AM UTC

Hi Deepak, 

Sorry for the inconvenience, 

The both application and the dependent assemblies should be placed in same location or in the GAC for the kmspico deployment. Please refer the below link about the deployment. 

Please let us know if you need any further assistance regarding the Syncfusion products. 

Regards, 
Kannan 

I don't think it is related to this forum! 

CH Christopher Hirudayasamy Syncfusion Team April 27, 2020 01:06 PM UTC

Hi Alex Smith,

We have just updated about an application and its dependent assemblies should be present in the same location while deploying an application.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance regarding the Syncfusion products

Regards,
Christopher H.

Loader.
Up arrow icon