We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Range slide using images for the knobs

Sort of like the Radial menu supports, is there a way to use an image for the knobs? .. perhaps a way to set the 'view' like on the radial menu?

and the same for the track.. I include an image as an example

8 Replies

RC raphael chancey January 30, 2018 05:32 PM UTC

The post did not allow me to edit my own post.. so including image here.. can see what I mean.

https://cdn.dribbble.com/users/212557/screenshots/926520/dribble-7.png

SK Selva Kumar  Veerakrishnan Syncfusion Team January 31, 2018 11:55 AM UTC

Hi Raphael,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support.

Currently we do not have support to provide custom View to our SfRangeSlider Thumb/Knob. We have considered this as a feature request, and this feature will be implemented in our 2018 Volume 1 Service pack 1, which is expected to be rolled out by end of March or Mid of April.

Regards,

Selva Kumar V.

RC raphael chancey January 31, 2018 01:51 PM UTC

Thank you.. while you are in there it would be good to enable the track to be custom view as well.  And the ticks. 

Essentially allow a developer to theme it using images. I think all visual controls should enable that since images can be shared across all platforms and enable a very rich experience.

I ended up going with the standard Xamarin slider because I need to show fractional values. Additionally it looked better since I could adjust the knob size. 

SK Selva Kumar  Veerakrishnan Syncfusion Team February 1, 2018 10:05 AM UTC

Hi Raphael,

Thanks for your update.

We will consider the feature “Custom view to RangeSlider Track and RangeSlider Ticks” as well, but the date for the implementation is tentative and it will be available in any of our upcoming releases. We will let you know once it has been implemented.

Regards,

Selva Kumar V.

VL Vlad replied to Selva Kumar  Veerakrishnan March 26, 2019 03:39 PM UTC

Hi Raphael,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support.

Currently we do not have support to provide custom View to our SfRangeSlider Thumb/Knob. We have considered this as a feature request, and this feature will be implemented in our 2018 Volume 1 Service pack 1, which is expected to be rolled out by end of March or Mid of April.

Regards,

Selva Kumar V.

Dear Selva,

We need to have ability to increase the knob/thumb size as well. (or/and add custom image for the knob). You mentioned that it's planed to be in the release of April 2018. However it's still hasn't been done. What's the current state of this feature? Can you add in the new release asap?

MS Mugundhan Saravanan Syncfusion Team March 27, 2019 12:53 PM UTC

Hi Vlad,

Sorry for the inconvienence.

Query: "Need to have the ability to increase the knob size "

We have already implemented the feature to increase the knob size and this feature will be included in our upcoming Volume 1 2019 release, which is expected to be rolled out by end of March 2019.

Thanks,
Mugundhan S

AR Aryan replied to Mugundhan Saravanan April 26, 2019 12:25 AM UTC

Hi Vlad,

Sorry for the inconvienence.

Query: "Need to have the ability to increase the knob size "

We have already implemented the feature to increase the knob size and this feature will be included in our upcoming Volume 1 2019 release, which is expected to be rolled out by end of March 2019.

Thanks,
Mugundhan S

Hi Mugundhan,

Can you please confirm If knob size feature got rolled out in the 2019 Volume 1 Release ? Thanks.

MK Muneesh Kumar G Syncfusion Team April 26, 2019 07:03 AM UTC

Hi Aryan, 

We are glad to announce that feature for ”Increase the knob size in RangeSlider " has been included in our  Essential Studio Volume 1, 2019 release (v17.1.0.38). 

Please find the sample with updated assemblies 

To change the knob size, you can use the ThumbSize property like the below code snippet 

rangeSlider.ThumbSize = 10; 

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us, if you would require any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Muneesh Kumar G. 

Loader.
Up arrow icon