We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Pivot table row expand or collapse not working If text includes dot(.)

Hi syncfusion team

I encountered a bug related to pivot table. If row text includes a dot, expand or collapse not working. I changed France text to France A.S. for trial

I upload example project files 

please can you look at this

thanks in advance

Attachment: pivotviewtest_e023acbf.rar

4 Replies 1 reply marked as answer

MM Manikandan Murugesan Syncfusion Team December 13, 2021 05:54 AM UTC

Hi Mehmet, 

We would inform that in our pivot table, we have used Dot(.) as default separator to find the header levels. As a result, the reported issue occurs. To overcome this issue, please change the default separator value by using the "headerDelimiter" property in the "valueSortSettings" option. Please refer the example code below. 

Code Example: 
dataSourceSettings: { 
  valueSortSettings: { headerDelimiter: ' - ' } 
} 

Meanwhile, we have prepared a sample for your reference. Please find it from below link. 

Please let us know if you have any concerns. 

Regards, 
Manikandan 

Marked as answer

MA Mehmet Ali SEKER December 13, 2021 11:26 AM UTC

Hi Manikandan 

thank you for your reponse. it is working now but I have another problem with sorting that may be related to sortSettings.

I set enableValueSorting to true. If the pivot has more than one value field sorting is working properly but If it has one value field sorting not working 

for example 

dataSourceSettings: {
        dataSource: pivotData,
        expandAll: false,
        drilledMembers: [{ name: 'Country', items: ['France'] }],
        columns: [{ name: 'Year', caption: 'Production Year' }, { name: 'Quarter' }],

// values: [{ name: 'Sold', caption: 'Units Sold' }, { name: 'Amount', caption: 'Sold Amount' }],
        values: [{ name: 'Sold', caption: 'Units Sold' }],

rows: [{ name: 'Country' }, { name: 'Products' }],
        formatSettings: [{ name: 'Amount', format: 'C0',  currency: 'EUR' }],
        filters: [],
      valueSortSettings: { headerDelimiter: '-'},
      },

is there a tip for solution 

thanks in advance

MM Manikandan Murugesan Syncfusion Team December 14, 2021 12:57 PM UTC

Hi Mehmet, 

This is a known issue. And we have already logged a defect report in our database. And the fix will be available in our Volume 4 release which is estimated to be rolled out at the end of this month. You can track the same by using below link. 

Until then kindly use “alwaysShowValueHeader” property as true to resolve the problem at your end. Please refer the following sample. 

Please let us know if you have any concerns. 

Regards, 
Manikandan 

MM Manikandan Murugesan Syncfusion Team December 20, 2021 03:05 PM UTC

Hi Mehmet, 

We are glad to announce that our Essential Studio 2021 Volume 4 Main Release V19.4.0.38 is rolled out and fix for the issue “Value sorting not working while running Pivot Table with single measure” has been included in this release. Please refer to the following sample. 

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please contact us if you require any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Manikandan 

Loader.
Up arrow icon