We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Issue with Onboarding from Essentials UI Kit!!

The OnBoardingAnimationPage is really beautifull and I would like to use it on android. The problem is tha if someone scrolls horizontally very quickly it crashes with:

Java.Lang.IllegalArgumentException: 'Cannot set 'scaleX' to Float.NaN'

Note: This happens even in the application Essential UI Kit from PlayStore!

Any fix would be really appreciated! 

9 Replies

SS Suganya Sethuraman Syncfusion Team July 2, 2021 10:23 AM UTC

Hi STRATOS,

Greetings from Syncfusion.

We have analyzed your query. We have prepared a sample using SfRotator with Onboarding from Essentials UI Kit, but we were unable to reproduce the same. Sample we tried that can be download from below.

Sample:
https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/UIKit_OnBoardingPageTemplate1482002268

Since we are not aware of your exact application scenario, so we request you to check the issue with the attached sample and let us know whether it is reproduced or not? If the issue was not reproduced in this sample, please revert us by modifying the sample based on your application along with replication procedure or provide the sample. It will help us to provide better solution at the earliest.

Regards,
Suganya Sethuraman.

SF STRATOS FEZANS July 2, 2021 10:31 AM UTC

Greetings! Thank you for the response.. I just checked and the problem persists :

I am testing with Android 9.0. To reproduce the problem you need to scroll very fast (before the image shows up). 
I am hoping for your response!

SS Suganya Sethuraman Syncfusion Team July 5, 2021 11:42 AM UTC

Hi STRATOS,

We could not be able to reproduce the issue in our side. Could you please provide the following details?

1. Please provide the complete stack trace of the issue.

2. whether the issue was only present in Android version 9? If so, please provide the device details.

This will be helpful for us to provide better solution at the earliest.

Regards,
Suganya Sethuraman.  

PA Paul October 27, 2021 07:08 AM UTC

I can reproduce this issue:

1. With the Essential UI Kit downloaded from Play Store running on Android 11 API 30
  2. With the Essential Ui Kit source code running in the emulator on 9.0 API 28 and on 11 API 30
  3. With the sample provided above running in the emulator (as above)

Java.Lang.IllegalArgumentException Message=Cannot set 'scaleX' to Float.NaN

This doesn't occur when using the buttons, but happens when swiping between views. I do not have to scroll fast to reproduce this.

PA Paul October 27, 2021 12:01 PM UTC

The offending line is 102 in SfRotatorBehavior.cs:

previousChildElement[1].ScaleTo(1, 0);

Set the second parameter (uint length) to something other than 0, and the issue goes away.

GM Gayathri Manickam Syncfusion Team October 28, 2021 04:57 PM UTC

Hi Paul, 

We analyzed your query, and we couldn’t reproduce the reported issue in Essential UI Kit downloaded from Play Store. Further we are validating the reported issue and we will update you the complete details by tomorrow 29th October 2021. 

Thanks, 
Gayathri M. 

PA Paul October 28, 2021 07:48 PM UTC

I have a video of your app being downloaded from Play Store and crashing when using the onboarding rotator. I can't upload it here, but I can send it to you if you tell me how.

GM Gayathri Manickam Syncfusion Team November 1, 2021 03:28 PM UTC

Hi Paul, 

We need some more time to validate the reported issue and we will update you the complete details by 3rd November 2021. Please let us know if you need any assistance in this. 

Thanks, 
Gayathri. 

GM Gayathri Manickam Syncfusion Team November 3, 2021 12:58 PM UTC

Hi Stratos, 

We could reproduce the reported issue at our end and fix for the reported issue will be included in upcoming UIkit release. We will let you know, once rolled out. We appreciate your patience until then 

Thanks, 
Gayathri M. 

Loader.
Up arrow icon