We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Dashboard & Widget portal development with Syncfusion is very very cumbersome.

I like your controls, hope I don't sound too critical and wanted to share some feedback hoping you can improve these aspects to build portal easier with Sync controls.

My goal, was trying to see if I could develop a community web-site as ASP Core portal with drag drop widgets using Syncfusion controls so I could host on Linux. Mainly the site will show people covid stats, news, charts, general etc items. So far your applicability scope if mainly large business internal applications but its not been able to perform like an ABP.io or Orchard DNN etc. I also understand these are mainly controls, again I am looking at building a community site with your controls.

In the current form, developing a basic dashboard with basic widgets is near impossible for the average PRACTICAL business case.

If you look at jDash.net or Stimulsoft, they are so much more easier well thought out and advanced and easier to merge into an existing application from the development perspective. Its been 4 yrs since the initial dashboard controls were developed for ASP / Core, till today its not seamless. The samples are very basic/rudamentry,

Request for dashboard redesign & sample.
Please add a comprehensive sample for an Uber like app, showing stats on the backend admin in ASP MVC Core 5 with CRUD with a nice dashboard, and Identity/Claims and EF core.

The sample should demonstrate how to drag drop widgets/chart types/visualizations from an icon to the dashboard - like many dashboards today look at Jdash.net
It should show how the settings are saved in the backend with the recommended table design, it should show how the settings are saved differently from the data
  1. Adding Syncfusion controls inside a Widget
  2. Adding Widgets to Dashboards
  3. Adding formulas to the Charts
  4. Saving and updating the settings from the User Widget Setting Panel
  5. Saving and updating the chart types
  6. Saving and updating the data sources
  7. communications between syncfusion widgets
Net Dashboard & Widget Toolkit for Asp.Net - Visual Studio Marketplace

Vamtam Drag & Drop Builder is missing? : VamTam Help Desk
rs-empty-grid-dashboard-item

11 Replies 1 reply marked as answer

MM Mahendran Maragatha Patchai Syncfusion Team December 2, 2020 09:48 AM UTC

Hello Naz, 

Thanks for contacting the Syncfusion support. 

We have equivalent product called Bold BI. it is a pure web based application that offers dashboard designer and viewer. In designer, you can design the dashboards by drag and drop the widgets(syncfusion controls). Also, you can embed the created Bold BI dashboard in your own ASP.NET Core application.. 

Bold BI embedded getting started video -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcI5-ECicgU  

To know more about the Bold BI and embedding features. Please register for free demo from the below link. 

Let us know if you need further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
V.M Mahendran 

NA Naz December 3, 2020 08:20 AM UTC

Mr Mahed,

My feedback was around building wholistic portals for community sites, how does your BI server meet our needs? Its a transactional system.

This is a classic example of poor understanding/not listening of the developer community. A friend had originally referred me, I like the controls, but the overarching consolidation to build a wholistic portal - with custom requirements remains to be desired.

Your layout controls under the Dashboard / panels need to be enriched to hoist the controls within.

thanks

MM Mahendran Maragatha Patchai Syncfusion Team December 7, 2020 11:02 AM UTC

We would like to let you know that EJ2 Dashboard layout component might meet your requirement to build a layout with panels which are responsive and adaptive to fit with any resolution devices.  

In DashboardLayout component, you can add any component (Chart, Grid, Scheduler, Maps) or any other HTML element as a panel content. Refer the below link to add the Chart and Grid as a panel content of DashboardLayout component.   

The Dashboard Layout is a grid structured component which can be split into subsections of equal size known as cells. The total number of cells in each row is defined by using the columns property of the component. The width of each cell will be auto calculated based on the total number of cells placed in a row and the height of a cell will be same as that of its width.   

However, the height of these cells can also be configured to any desired size using the cellAspectRatio property (cell width/cell height ratio) which defines the cell width to height ratio.   

Refer the following link to add the component to the DashboardLayout Panel.  

In our DashboardLayout component, we have provided the following support.  

·        Floating of panels   

·        Resizing of panels   

·        Dragging of panels     

·        Restore the original panel element position after change the panel position.   

·        Restore the panel position after page load using enablePersistence property.   

·        MediaQuery (when it reaches the media query it displays as a stacked one)   

And also, you can fetch the panel position (SizeX, SizeY, Row, col) using Serialize method. Refer the below link for Serialize method.   

Refer the below link to know more about the DashboardLayout component.   

Could you please confirm whether you are expecting to achieve your expected requirement with EJ2 DashboardLayout? Based on your confirmation we will further validate the feasibility of achieving your expected requirement in DashboardLayout and provide you the prompt solution.  

Please, let us know if you need any further assistance.  

Regards,  
V.M Mahendran 

NA Naz December 11, 2020 08:00 AM UTC

Hello you have some functions but they are incomplete. I attached previous pictures to show you what the current modern features are.

The main issue is the, developer extensible WIDGET SETTINGS-
attaching data sources to the widgets and changing chart types changing data sources,
permissions based data display
javascript handlers for call backs

a quick google search on dashboard widget settings shows many results,  below I have attached some more sample to help your planning.

SA Shameer Ali Baig Sulaiman Ali Baig Syncfusion Team December 15, 2020 01:48 PM UTC

Hi Naz, 

We would like to let you know that EJ2 DashboardLayout is a simple layout component which only renders collection of empty panels within its parent elements dimension (height* width).  

DashboardLayout will render only with empty panels. Panels can hold UI components. DashboardLayout component allows to perform resize, reorder, drag-n-drop, remove and add options with its panels. This allows users to easily place the components at the desired position within the grid layout. 

Please, check out the following link for initializing the panels without any components within it. 

But we can add any Syncfusion components or HTML elements as the content of the panels. Please, check out the following link in which we have used HTML elements and Syncfusion components as panel contents in Dashboard Layout. 

On analyzing your shared details and reference links, we understand that many of your requirements functionalities should be addressed in dashboard application.  

But, DashboardLayout is simple, lightweight and independent (DashboardLayout is not dependent on any Syncfusion component and it has no built-in option to render any Syncfusion component into its panels) layout UI component which can be used as part of any ASP.NET Core application or any supported platform application. So, it has no built-in support for customize the panels like adding, customizing widgets within it. 

If you need to include all your expected functionalities within DashboardLayout, then we customize the dashboard panels content manually in application level. 

Please, confirm whether you are expecting an application with EJ2 Dashboard Layout comprising all your suggested functionalities? 

On the basis of your confirmation, we will check the feasibility of achieving this requirement in an application with EJ2 Dashboard Layout and share you the further details regarding it. 

Regards, 
Shameer Ali Baig S. 

Marked as answer

FJ Florene J Anderson replied to Naz December 27, 2020 09:01 AM UTC

I like your controls, hope I don't sound too critical and wanted to share some feedback hoping you can improve these aspects to build portal easier with Sync controls.

My goal, was trying to see if I could develop a community web-site as ASP Core portal with drag drop widgets using Syncfusion controls so I could host on Linux. Mainly the site will show people covid stats, news, charts, general etc items. So far your applicability scope if mainly large business internal applications but its not been able to perform like an ABP.io or Orchard DNN etc. I also understand these are mainly controls, again I am looking at building a community site with your controls.

In the current form, developing a basic dashboard with basic widgets is near impossible for the average PRACTICAL business case.

If you look at jDash.net or Stimulsoft, they are so much more easier well thought out and advanced and easier to merge into an existing application from the development perspective. Its been 4 yrs since the initial dashboard controls were developed for ASP / Core, till today its not seamless. The samples are very basic/rudamentry,

Request for dashboard redesign & sample.
Please add a comprehensive sample for an Uber like app, showing stats on the backend admin in ASP MVC Core 5 with CRUD with a nice dashboard, and Identity/Claims and EF core.

The sample should demonstrate how to drag drop widgets/chart types/visualizations from an icon to the dashboard - like many dashboards today look at Jdash.net
It should show how the settings are saved in the backend with the recommended table design, it should show how the settings are saved differently from the data
  1. Adding Syncfusion controls inside a Widget
  2. Adding Widgets to Dashboards
  3. Adding formulas to the Charts
  4. Saving and updating the settings from the User Widget Setting Panel
  5. Saving and updating the chart types
  6. Saving and updating the data sources
  7. communications between syncfusion widgets.

Vamtam Drag & Drop Builder is missing? : VamTam Help Desk
rs-empty-grid-dashboard-item

Guys, if you need help with an academic assignment of any difficulty level, you can check out the page https://assignmentbro.com/uk/university-assignment-help This company is engaged in professional assistance to university students.

Thank you for such a valuable information. I've been looking for a solution to this problem for a long time and I finally found one. Really appreciate your reply!

SP Sowmiya Padmanaban Syncfusion Team December 28, 2020 05:48 AM UTC

Hi Florene,  

We are happy to hear that your problem has been resolved. Please contact us, if you need any help from us. 

Regards,  
Sowmiya.P 

JF Jack Farell July 3, 2022 01:46 PM UTC

Hi!! Thanks for the advice. They helped me a lot

RP Ranjani Prabakaran Syncfusion Team July 4, 2022 07:04 AM UTC

You are welcome, Jack. Please contact us if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Ranjani

JA JackyYanger March 10, 2023 08:39 AM UTC

Hello there, I have some questions, can I contact someone for further information?

SS Shereen Shajahan Syncfusion Team March 13, 2023 05:46 AM UTC

Hi JackyYanger,

Please contact sales@syncfusion.com for further information.

Regards,

Shereen

Loader.
Up arrow icon