We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

TypeError: Cannot read property 'getBoundingClientRect' of undefined). Please referesh your page and try again.

I'm using Grid with Search and Filter Option.

Here's my code:
<ejs-grid #grid (rowSelected)='rowSelected($event)' (rowDeselected)='rowSelected($event)'
  [dataSource]='selectUsersDataSource' [allowFiltering]='true' [selectionSettings]='selectionOptions'
  [filterSettings]='filterOptions' [allowPaging]='true' [pageSettings]='pageSettings'
  [toolbar]='toolbarOptions' height='272px' class="mfp-table">
    <e-columns>
       <e-column field='userId' headerText='id' [visible]="false"></e-column>
       <e-column field='userName' headerText='Login' textAlign='left' width=120></e-column>
       <e-column field='name' headerText='Name' textAlign='left' width=150></e-column>
       <e-column field='email' headerText='Email' textAlign='left' width=150></e-column>
   </e-columns>
</ejs-grid>

ngOnInit(): void {
    this.selectUsersDataSource = [];
    this.pageSettings = { pageSize: 5, pageSizes: ['5''10''20''30''All'], pageCount: 5 };
    this.selectionOptions = { type: 'Multiple' };
    this.toolbarOptions = ['Search'];
    this.filterOptions = {
      type: 'Menu'
    };
    this.filter = {
      ui: {
        create: (args: { target: Element, column: object }) => {
          const flValInput: HTMLElement = createElement('input', { className: 'flm-input' });
          args.target.appendChild(flValInput);
          this.dropInstance = new DropDownList({
            dataSource: new DataManager(this.selectUsersDataSource),
            fields: { text: 'UserID', value: 'UserID' },
            placeholder: 'Select a value',
            popupHeight: '200px'
          });
          this.dropInstance.appendTo(flValInput);
        },
        write: (args: {
          column: object, target: Element, parent: any,
          filteredValue: number | string
        }) => {
          this.dropInstance.value = args.filteredValue;
        },
        read: (args: { target: Element, column: any, operator: string, fltrObj: Filter }) => {
          args.fltrObj.filterByColumn(args.column.field, args.operator, this.dropInstance.value);

}
      }
    };
  }

rowSelected(args: RowSelectEventArgs) {
    this.isSelected = this.grid.getSelectedRows().length > 0;
}

Here,when I tries to search for the data which is not present in the grid and then gets a No record found message and then if I click anywhere in the grid then getting
error as 
TypeError: Cannot read property 'getBoundingClientRect' of undefined). Please referesh your page and try again.

5 Replies

TS Thiyagu Subramani Syncfusion Team May 14, 2020 12:35 PM UTC

Hi Shreekumar, 

Greetings from Syncfusion forum. 

We have confirmed that the behavior is an issue from our side and logged a bug for same as “TypeError: Cannot read property 'getBoundingClientRect' of undefined”. At Syncfusion, we are committed to fixing all validated defects (subject to technological feasibility and Product Development Life Cycle ) and including the defect fix in our weekly patch release which is expected to be rolled out in the month of 27th May 2020

You can now track the current status of your request, review the proposed resolution timeline, and contact us for any further inquiries through this link.  

Till then we appreciate your patience. 

Regards, 
Thiyagu S. 

SH Shreekumar June 12, 2020 10:39 AM UTC

Is it resolved?

TS Thiyagu Subramani Syncfusion Team June 15, 2020 06:16 AM UTC

Hi Shreekumar, 

Thanks for your update and sorry for the late reply. 

We are glad to inform that “TypeError: Cannot read property 'getBoundingClientRect' of undefined” issue has been fixed and included in the 18.1.54 patch release. Please refer to the below updated sample for more information. 

Please get back to us if you need further assistance. 

Regards, 
Thiyagu S 

LW Lucas Wong June 18, 2024 06:41 PM UTC

Hi Synfusion Team,

I am using @syncfusion/ej2-react-schedule package v20.4.44 in my React project, and I am facing Cannot read properties of null (reading 'getBoundingClientRect') ​error. 
I am using Sentry for bug reporting, and it detected source from one of the files.

Can you please check it?
Screenshot_27.png

AR Aishwarya Rameshbabu Syncfusion Team June 19, 2024 10:06 AM UTC

Hi Lucas Wong,

We have created a new forum for your query related to schedule component. So please follow up on the below forum for further details,

Forum Link: https://www.syncfusion.com/forums/188870/cannot-read-properties-of-null-reading-getboundingclientrect-aerror-from-154185

Regards

Aishwarya R

Loader.
Up arrow icon