We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Control for Xamarin Forms QR code scanner

Hi, there is any control to read/scan QR code? 
I found only SfBarcode to generate them (https://help.syncfusion.com/xamarin/barcode/overview).
Regards,
Vito

6 Replies 1 reply marked as answer

HS Harsh Shah October 16, 2020 05:31 AM UTC

Hi, using SfBarcode control you can use QR code scan functionality, or by adding ZXing.Net.Mobile NuGet package you can also use this functionality. Refer to this article it shows the use of  ZXing.Net.mobile. Maybe it helps you.

SL Sowmiya Loganathan Syncfusion Team October 16, 2020 12:47 PM UTC

Hi Vito,   

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.   

We can able to achieve your requirement of “Scan barcode in Xamarin Forms” using ZXing open source tool. Please find the KB link for more details,   

Note: We do not have any feature to scan barcode in Xamarin Forms platform.   

Please try the sample in above KB and let us know the result.   

Regards,  
Sowmiya Loganathan 

JR Jassim Rahma September 4, 2021 02:51 PM UTC

ZXing is too slow to read the barcode.

GK Gowthamraj Kumar Syncfusion Team September 6, 2021 10:46 AM UTC

Hi Jassim, 

Thank you for your update. 

ZXing (zebra crossing) is an open-source tool to decode barcodes within images that fall under the Apache 2.0 license. Barcode OPX is used to optimize the working of ZXing with Syncfusion Essential PDF. We can able to read the barcodes on each page by using Syncfusion.BarcodeReader.OPX library, the performance is depends on the barcode types present the input document.  

We have generated the Syncfusion.BarcodeReader.OPX library with our Volume 1 SP1 release version (19.1.0.63). And we are referring the latest ZXing.Net (0.16.6) from nuGet.org in this sample.  We have attached the sample with product version (19.1.0.63) package and ZXing library (16.0.0). Please try the below sample in your end and let us know the result.   

We request you to use this version along with latest ZXing from NuGet in your end. Please try the above sample and let us know if you need any further assistance with this.   

Regards, 
Gowthamraj K 

Marked as answer

HT Helper Tool April 17, 2024 11:58 AM UTC

Hi Team,

Need a sample regarding the bar code scanner. I am having a basic bar code reader sample as mentioned below. I am having one home page with one simple button, if the user taps the button it takes to new view/page/content page in xamarin forms and opens the bar code reader, but i am facing loading delay issue. Means with zxing my page is taking few mins to load but without zxing barcode it loads without any laggg!! 

Do you have work around for the query.

Image_3737_1713355056186

Kindly do the needful.

Regards,

Team X.

KS Karmegam Seerangan Syncfusion Team April 18, 2024 12:30 PM UTC

Hi Team X,

Thank you for reaching out to Syncfusion support. We have checked the reported issue on our end but it works fine. However, we have attached the sample for your reference.

Sample: https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/Barcode_Scanner_Xamarin-496643457

Kindly try the sample and let us know the result. 

Regards,

Karmegam

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon