We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Infinite scroll behaviour to loadMore not triggered when swipe deleting rows from grid

Hi,

I am using the sfDataGrid with the loadMore for infinite scrolling; and this is working well, triggering the loading of more rows as you scroll past the end of the last row.  After experimenting with the swipeDelete actions, I have however noticed that the loadMore event is not being triggered when you have deleted lines.

As an example, if you build the infinite scroll list demo, then add swipe to delete entries, you will be able to create the scenario whereby you have "white space" at the bottom of the grid/screen.  Using the mouse, swipe up/down gesture etc does not seem to trigger the loadMore.  The only way I am able to trigger the load more is (on Windows/Chrome), I resize the screen so that the grid is filling the screen - then the scroll down triggers the loadMore event.

Can you confirm if you think that this should occur - and can be resolved...?
If this is not feasible - I will look to try and handle manually; but would need to identify the rows visible on screen etc to calculate a loadMore requirement.

(FYI - I do have a request in progress relating to the infinite scroll and visible rows; so I am not sure if this will help resolve this additional query..?)

Many thanks in advance
Ian.

4 Replies 1 reply marked as answer

RS Renugadevi Sadagoban Syncfusion Team April 19, 2021 11:01 AM UTC

Hi lan,  

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.  

Based on the provided information, we have checked the mentioned issue of “White space on bottom after deleting a row with LoadMore-InfinteScrolling”. As mentioned in forum, we deleted the row before reaching the max-offset after we didn’t notice any white space at bottom and any ever else on the grid. We couldn’t able to replicate the issue from our end. We have attached the sample and demo video of replication please look into it and if we did any mistakes in replication please revert back with gif or video, it’s help us to analyze the reported issue in more detailed and provide a solution asap.  

Please check the sample and let us know if you still facing the same issue? If yes, please modify the sample based on your scenario 

Regards,
Renuga devi S

IA Ian April 19, 2021 11:12 AM UTC

Hi Renuga, thanks for the reply.

I can see your demo videos; but my issue is slightly different to your example I believe; as you need t o delete more rows.

To replicate, can you re-run your sample program but delete lots more rows; effectively creating "white space" when all more rows have been removed.
The continual deleting causes the end of the list/grid to move upwards - from the hidden area on to the screen.
Continuing this then creates white space at the bottom as you delete more rows.

With the above actions; it then misses the event for loadMoreRows.

Many thanks in advance;
Ian.

RS Renugadevi Sadagoban Syncfusion Team April 20, 2021 10:05 AM UTC

Hi lan, 

Thanks for your update. 

After deleting the more rows we able to replicated the issue in our end. Also, we have already logged a feature request for this case. By exposing the vertical and horizontal “ScrollController”,  from the scroll controller you would able to achieve your requirement and it will include in our upcoming 2021 volume 2 release. Which is expected to be rolled out on mid of July 2021. 

Please refer to the below feedback link for further follow-up, 

We will let you know once it gets rolled out. We appreciate your patience until then. Please let us know if you require any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Renuga devi S 

RS Renugadevi Sadagoban Syncfusion Team July 1, 2021 05:09 AM UTC

Hi lan, 

We are glad to announce that our Essential Studio 2021 Volume 2 Main Release v19.2.0.44 is rolled out and is available for download under the following link. 

You can refer the below UG link to know about how to listen the scroll changes, 

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Renuga devi. 

Marked as answer
Loader.
Up arrow icon