We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Windows inside of windows that can be dragged out and minimized onto your comp''s taskbar

I was wondering if it's possible to have windows inside of windows that can be dragged out of the main window and minimize onto the Windows taskbar just like the main window can.

To clarify: What I'm looking for is something like the Document Container Demo when MDI is checked, except that the windows inside the main window can be dragged outside of the main window and can be maximized on it's own to the full size of the computer screen. It would also need to minimize onto the Windows taskbar.

Is this possible given the current technology available with WFP?

3 Replies

PP Prabhu P Syncfusion Team August 7, 2009 03:33 PM UTC

Hi Christina,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Usually MDI application does not allow to drag child window to outside the application. Also MDI application is not supported in WPF. In our DocumentContainer, all the child elements are Framework elements. We cannot drag this window element to out of application.

Please let us know if you have any further queries.

Thanks,
Prabu

CR Christina Robin August 11, 2009 01:42 AM UTC

In your opinion, is what I'm looking for completely possible in Winforms? Also, can you recommend be the best tool in which I could have the dragging out and minimizing onto the windows taskbar functionality?

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team August 11, 2009 02:15 PM UTC

Hi Christina,

It is not completely possible in Windows Forms also. A normal child mdi window cannot be dragged out of mdi container. But we can set the MdiParent to null through an external setup (say, a button click).

Best Regards,
Mano

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon