We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Ctrl+C & Ctrl+V

Hi I am working with GGC.I want to copy & paste records using Ctrl+C & Ctrl+V .This one is working .But if there is any combobox inside the grid & i want to copy the data inthe combo in the same manner,its not copying .Only other datas are getting copied.So please give me the sample for copying & pasting the record using Ctrl+C & Ctrl+V ,whatever is the type of the cell in the GGC. Thanks Resmi

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 18, 2005 02:00 PM UTC

Here is a sample. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GGC_DnD_d7c97e89.zip I am not sure what selection technique you are using, but if you are selecting records and doing a ctl+C and seeing the values on the clipboard, then I assume you are using the GridControlBase selection settings. The sample shows both. You can highlight a couple of rows, and then copy them and paste them into the textbox next to the grid.

PR prethi November 21, 2005 04:20 AM UTC

Hi records are pasting inthe textbox.But my problem is it is not pasting in the same grid with combobox.So give me a solution Thanks >Here is a sample. >http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GGC_DnD_d7c97e89.zip > >I am not sure what selection technique you are using, but if you are selecting records and doing a ctl+C and seeing the values on the clipboard, then I assume you are using the GridControlBase selection settings. The sample shows both. You can highlight a couple of rows, and then copy them and paste them into the textbox next to the grid. > >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 21, 2005 09:06 AM UTC

In that sample, I click a row header, do ctl+C, and then click another row header, and do ctl+V. When I do this, the whole copied row appears (including the value in the combobox cell). How can I see the problem you are having in this sample? Or can you upload a sample showing the problem. If you are trying to paste illegal values into the combobox, then that may explain what you are seeing. For example, if you are trying to paste a string value into a combobox that REQUIRES an integer, then this is a problem. One solution would be to handle teh PasteCellText event. In that event, you could try to identify such problem pastes in your grid, and handle them in the manner you want them handled. If you will provide a sample, we can try to suggest something.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon